Thursday, January 4, 2007

Unfortunate Predictions

Soon after the original movie Mission: Impossible came out, after I realized why Peter Graves wouldn't be caught dead in it, I started making jokes about what shows they'll turn into movies:
  • The Dukes of Hazzard
  • Starsky and Hutch
  • Miami Vice
  • Lost in Space
  • Shaft
  • The Mod Squad
Several more on my list I thought would be impervious to being brought to film. I found myself yesterday proven wrong for these (they're listed as in production):
  • Get Smart
  • CHiPs
  • The Prisoner
  • The A-Team
There's some that have been or are in planning for a new TV series that, with a little luck, will see a movie deal like Firefly did:
  • Battle Star Galactica
  • V
Here, I mean luck in that it'd be nice to see my list fill out. The few that are left on my list that I haven't heard about a movie deal are:
  • Space: 1999
  • Buck Rodgers
  • The Greatest American Hero
  • 21 Jump Street
  • Cop Rock
I seriously doubt Space: 1999 will become a movie, but you never know. That's one of the reasons why I put it on my list.

I should have put on the bad cartoons I used to watch, because then I would have picked up Duddly Do-Right, Rocky & Bulwinkle, and Scooby Doo.

Here's to watching The Greatest American Hero movie in 2010!

No comments: