Friday, July 6, 2007

Iraq War Was For Oil?

I've been wondering something lately. I've been hearing more and more talk of late that the U.S. went into Iraq for oil. However, I wonder how much oil the U.S. has sent to Iraq for the war. I mean, Iraq doesn't have oil refineries in any kind of capacity to supply itself. That means the U.S. planners had to burn oil to send out the troops and equipment, they had to send oil to power all the vehicles and generators that keep the troops working in their long shifts on patrol, and they had to burn oil to send the oil to the troops and equipment.

So, just how much oil was the U.S. supposed to "win", and how much have the U.S. planners had to burn to get that oil? I don't have the resources to find out personally, but I think it's still an interesting question.

No comments: