Monday, March 28, 2011

The Ulangar: Book I, Part 1

ARGUMENT: This is the Book of Origins, where all things begin and all things meet their opposites.

Death and War I dream

of the Stars and Spirits of night

with brilliance high within

high without

And of Ulangar

the god-child who shaped mankind

the mortal who warred against the

hated One of man and beast

 

Oh Muse of my inner eye

under the brow of thy heavy foot

wilt thou not offer thy gift

illuminate my senses

Let me clutch that vision in my hand

to cultivate and bloom into words

still remembering that Vision of beauty

how glorious in answer

Allow my ears to hear thy kisses

let me grasp thy voice in my deepest mind

lest I loose it to the rampant winds of time

Beget my ideas and nurse them to manhood

else the whole will be for naught

Touch these weary hands and let them live

how grand the voice to give such vibrance

Exalted by thine name oh my Muse

without whom the sages lose wisdom

hounds are deaf and kings are beggars

Only thy words matter in this shriv'led

life so naked before thy touch

Envelop us in thy cloak and staves

one stave of joy one stave of sadness

for what means this dust without you

The answer lies beyond my reach

how your grasp as kept me tight

eliminating my fears and woes

Life is everything with thee

and nothing

without thee

No comments: