Monday, March 28, 2011

The Ulangar: Introduction

No, this blog isn't abandoned. It's just been inactive.

I'm going to continue this by posting up some of my old writing, starting with a big one - the epic that I half completed under the pen name "Viktur Conan Slayson". It's one of those works that took me the better part of 6 years to write, then I essentially abandoned it when my time suddenly disappeared due to work. When I went back to it, I realized that I had become a different person than the one who started working on it. As such, I don't feel that I can properly finish it.

This beast went through an uncountable number of revisions. It started as a dream, I wrote that down as a five page sketch for a story, then started writing it out as a story board for a movie, then switched over to the poetic epic after I started studying different ones. I invented a poetic form, created parts of a musical score for it, half created a language, wrote a copy paper box full of notes, and there's even some parts that are good. It was intended to have a 10 book structure, with an eleventh book addendum; I completed up to book 4 and the beginning of 5, and have notes for the rest of it.

The introduction to the work, which I won't post here, was the poem from Horace's Odes, Book III, 30.

No comments: