Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Ulangar: Book III, Part 12

This continues Book III of the epic I wrote between 1991 and 1996.



When Ulangar arose from the field of Tuoni

he was still in the arena where he had fallen

the blood was seeped into the moon

becoming one with hearth and home

and thought such words from his lips

'Why have I been left here to sleep

My wife does this act after every Game

And lo too the others are on the field

dreaming through this night

This night

I have awoken before rosy-finger'd Dawn

I am improving so let Tuoni shake

fearing his tentative placement in Universe

and my power to let crumble this position

But now to see the missing wench'

Ulangar raced into the vats of his home

and hurried through his chamber Daleth

This action did rouse from her rest the Nefthys

and she ask'd of him 'O my love

why do you waken so early

from thy Tuonela rest

Apollo has not begun his climb

nor has the Underworld releas'd the cart

Our men do not come forth so early

always on the beginning of the next day is our pattern

It's most unnatural to break it

there is no precedent for such an event'

And to these words Ulangar spoke

'Indeed your words strike home my black-leafed Nef

But dare you deny the flesh which you see

whole and complete in a single glance

wait for light can deceive those oculus

by putting splotchy color in their way

So pluck out thine eyes and hear my voice

but nay again for easily mind mimic paternal voices

So stuff white prongs into thine ears

and feel the touch from my lips to yours

but still that can be false for flesh can take many forms

So remove thy cord thus remove the senses

save only the soul to detect my Love

for no one can deny the emotions of Love

for I am as real as our binding Love

Come join me and Enki to gather the kin my Love'

No comments: